Thursday 22 November 2018

Are you buying any devices on Black Friday?

Black Friday

I've never been a huge fan of Black Friday. Not because there aren't some great deals out there, because there definitely are. But it's the early adopter in me that typically prevents the biggest shopping day (in the United States) of the year from being of any use. This year was the first time that I considered waiting to get something, but then Microsoft went ahead and offered up a pretty nice packaged deal that felt too good to pass up for the Xbox One X, and subscriptions to Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass.

So close this year.

If you've been on the fence in the past, this year seems like one of the best when it comes to deals for devices. And, as has become the norm, Black Friday deals have been going on for almost a week now from some retailers. "Early door busters" and whatever else they want to call it, some of these promotions have been ready to grab up well ahead of November 23.

It was actually one of those early promotions that grabbed my attention and convinced me that maybe this year was finally going to be the year I went for it. I've been meaning to get a pair of iPads for my daughters this year, so they can have a tool not only for games and media, but also to get their schoolwork done and follow other creative endeavors. That of course means grabbing an Apple Pencil, but I think I'll probably pick up a pair of Logitech's Crayon stylus instead.

There are a lot of deals out there, which is great. Most of them are the same, or pretty close to the same, so it ultimately just comes down to where you want to shop. For instance, the 128GB iPad (6th-generation, with Apple Pencil support) can be had for around $329 -- which is $100 off its typical retail price, and the same cost as the 32GB model, usually.

That's the one I went with, because I know that, especially over time, there will be a lot of games and apps on there to eat up storage space. I could save even more money by going with the lower storage option, but I couldn't help but feel like that would just run into issues down the road. So 2018 is the year I finally went for a Black Friday deal. Everything is eventual, I guess.

I know that I'm probably the odd one out here, though. Black Friday is a big deal, after all! And with pieces of technology usually a huge selling point for the shopping "holiday", I wanted to find out what grabbed your interest this week. If you did buy something for Black Friday (or Cyber Monday for that matter), what did you get and how great was the deal? How long have you been planning on buying it? Let me know!


Are you buying any devices on Black Friday? originally posted at http://phonedog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment