Tuesday 24 April 2018

Dating apps have made saving phone numbers complicated

My name wasn’t Ashley Carman anymore. It was . Yes, a guy I dated last summer saved me in his phone as a fishcake emoji. We met on Tinder and the first thing I messaged him was the fishcake. I thought it was cute or something. I don’t know — I didn’t expect it to become my identity. To be fair, I didn’t save his name in my phone until we had been hanging out for a month because I don’t save numbers unless I know a guy’s last name, or I intend to see him again. Did I mention I used a burner number when we first met?

I assume a lot of people are like me in this way. Online dating has created a strange predicament where daters know a person’s first name but often little else. If they want to connect off an app, they have to get a person’s...

Continue reading…

Poll
How do you save your dates' numbers?
I don't save numbers
290 votes
I only use full names
777 votes
Nicknames all the way
218 votes
I give them a dating app last name
878 votes
First name only. I'm brave.
525 votes

2688 votes | Poll has closed


Dating apps have made saving phone numbers complicated appeared first on http://www.theverge.com

No comments:

Post a Comment