Monday 25 March 2019

Xiaomi Mi 9 review: A worthy OnePlus rival

I can't spend $1,000 on a smartphone. I just can't. I've walked into countless phone stores, credit card in hand, with every intention of buying the latest flagship. I walk up to the demo area, wake the handset I've already decided to buy and spend a few moments swiping through the app drawer, willing myself to follow through on the purchase. My throat tightens and a few minutes later my legs are moving involuntarily out the door and down the high street.

It's been this way for years. I love high-end smartphones but can't stomach the price-tag when I think about the rent, bills and unpaid student loans waiting for me at home. Instead, I've veered toward OnePlus and similar brands that offer flagship performance at two thirds, or sometimes even half the price of companies like Samsung, Google and Apple. And now, Chinese phone giant Xiaomi has finally entered Europe, including the UK. That makes its latest flagship, the glossy Mi 9, a tantalizing prospect for people like me who want the best, or close enough, on a tighter budget.

Source: Mi 9


Xiaomi Mi 9 review: A worthy OnePlus rival posted first on https://www.engadget.com

No comments:

Post a Comment