Sunday 23 September 2018

How period tracking apps helped me regain control after going off the pill

I am most tired on during my period on Thursdays. It’s random fact, but one that I never confidently knew about myself until recently. When I was a teenager, my periods were agonizing; they were painful, unpredictable, difficult to track, and basically debilitating. The intense cramps and dizziness caused me to frequently miss school, so much so that my doctor recommended I skip periods altogether and start birth control to regulate my cycles. I didn’t look back for a decade.

But before I knew it, 114 months had gone by, and now as a grown woman, I realized I didn’t know my body at all. Aside from the occasional breakthrough bleeding, I had no concept of what a real period felt like. The pill, with its notorious side effects, had taken...

Continue reading…


How period tracking apps helped me regain control after going off the pill appeared first on http://www.theverge.com

No comments:

Post a Comment